2012 offseason 2013 draft 2013 offseason aftc12 arizona asante samuel atlanta atlaz12 atlcar12 atldal12 atldraft atlno12 atltb12 blog camp carolina dallas draft falcons featured flowery branch gameday hero injury report jay adams John Abraham julio jones Matt Ryan Michael Turner Mike Smith new orleans offseason playoffs preseason Roddy White russell athletic sean weatherspoon seavsatl tampa bay thomas decoud Thomas Dimitroff todd mcclure Tony Gonzalez training camp william moore
Victory Linkage: Oct. 15
Victory Linkage: Oct. 15
Jay AdamsPublished October 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Back once again for your reading pleasure are some helpful links from around the webs. Read and enjoy:
- This is kinda cool and definitely worth checking out. NFL.com wants you to come up with a name for Harry Douglas’on-his-bum catch from Sunday’s game. Tweet out your suggestion for the name of the play and you could win a chance to become the president of Luxembourg, or a facsimile thereof. I dunno. Still, pretty cool that you have a chance to use that dry wit for some good for a change. Get to it.
- As the Falcons become the only unbeaten team in the NFL, ESPN.com NFC South blogger Pat Yasinksas delves into how the Falcons will handle the talk now. Head coach Mike Smith says he is confident that one look at the tape should provide a sobering look at the mistakes that need fixing by the team. After the game, in comments that appear in Pat Y.’s post, it appears the Falcons don’t need the film to prove there’s work left to do.
- The AJC’s Michael Cunningham asks safety Thomas DeCoud to grade the Falcons’ defensive performance, and the safety gives the unit a B-minus. Of the three phases Sunday, special teams definitely came out as the best executed, but the defense stepped up when it needed to and made the plays that counted. There were plenty of shortcomings, however, which explains DeCoud’s modest grade.
- SI.com’s Peter King has the Falcons at No. 1 in his Fine Fifteen poll. The Falcons will likely be sliding up all the power rankings this week into the top spot by default since the Texans lost to the Packers. CBSSports.com’s Will Brinson is a Falcons advocate, but admits there’s a shortage of excuses now that the team has had to fight through three straight close games. It remains to be seen how much respect the Falcons will receive by the national media, but I’ve said it all along, who cares? The 53 guys in the locker room sure don’t. To me, that’s all that matters.
- We’re just less than two weeks away, but we’ll go ahead and travel behind enemy lines anyway. The Falcons head to Philly for an Oct. 28 matchup against the Eagles — a matchup that certainly has its history. Nick Ferro of The Morning Call writes that there’s confusion in the Eagles’ secondary, which could cause them problems against the Falcons’ passing attack. The Eagles are coming off an overtime loss to the Lions after having a 10-point lead vanish late. From the tone, there aren’t many happy Eagles players right now and they’ll have the bye to stew on it as Philly is also on a rest this week.
- Maponga Keeps Eye on the Ball
11 hrs, 10 mins ago, by Jay Adams
- League Changes Could Be Coming Soon
12 hrs, 49 mins ago, by Jay Adams
- Ryan Talks Baseball, Boston on MLB Network
1 week, 5 days ago, by Jay Adams
- Go Behind the Scenes of Falcons Creative
1 week, 6 days ago, by Jay Adams
- Photo of the Day: Goodman’s Ridiculous Hands
2 weeks, 2 days ago, by Jay Adams