2012 offseason 2013 draft 2013 offseason aftc12 arizona asante samuel atlanta atlaz12 atlcar12 atldal12 atldraft atlno12 atltb12 blog camp carolina dallas draft falcons featured flowery branch gameday hero injury report jay adams John Abraham julio jones Matt Ryan Michael Turner Mike Smith new orleans offseason playoffs preseason Roddy White russell athletic sean weatherspoon seavsatl tampa bay thomas decoud Thomas Dimitroff todd mcclure Tony Gonzalez training camp william moore
Monday Linkage: Oct. 22
Monday Linkage: Oct. 22
Jay AdamsPublished October 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM
“Oh, you want swagger? I got swagger. Hello!”
It’s a brand new week and the Falcons are back to work after the bye. Enjoy the following links for your reading pleasure:
- This just in: Asante Samuel has brought swagger to the Falcons. I kid, I kid. It’s been one of the biggest storylines of the year, but the attitude adjustment Samuel has brought to the locker room is palpable every single day in Flowery Branch. The Falcons are having fun on the field, and Samuel is a big reason why. He’s shown many of the younger guys how to have a passion for the game while also making it enjoyable, as the AP’s Paul Newberry sums up nicely.
- BloggingDirty.com has a look at the Falcons’ post-bye schedule, and it’s a doozy. With two potentially tough NFC East opponents back-to-back before the Falcons get back into their NFC South slate with a trip to New Orleans, the road to the end of the season has a tricky start after the Week 7 bye. How long can the Falcons maintain their unbeaten ways? We shall see, we shall see.
- Ever wondered what it takes to be an NFL owner? Falcons owner & chairman tells NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport exactly that in his Nine Random Things blog this morning.
- Which team is the biggest challenge to the Falcons down the line in the NFC? The NFL Network crew debated this point before the Thursday Night Football game last week. Let’s face it: The NFC is a tough conference, and while plenty of teams have shown flashes of greatness and signs of weakness, the usual suspects come to my mind: The Niners, Bears, Packers and Giants.
- Let’s go behind enemy lines once again and address the Eagles’ situation at defensive coordinator. During the bye week (yep, the Eagles had one, too), Philly fired defensive coordinator Juan Castillo and replaced him with Todd Bowles. You can learn more about Bowles from CBSSports.com, but I warn you: Don’t sleep on the defensive coach. He’s never called defensive plays before, but he’s from the Bill Parcells coaching tree and, word is, there’s plenty of potential locked in his young mind. There will be some growing pains, no doubt, but two weeks is enough time to get a handle on things and cause problems for the Falcons this weekend.
- Safety Ishmael Looking Like a Tackling Machine
1 day, 9 hrs ago, by Jay Adams
- Maponga Keeps Eye on the Ball
2 days, 2 hrs ago, by Jay Adams
- League Changes Could Be Coming Soon
2 days, 4 hrs ago, by Jay Adams
- Ryan Talks Baseball, Boston on MLB Network
2 weeks ago, by Jay Adams
- Go Behind the Scenes of Falcons Creative
2 weeks, 1 day ago, by Jay Adams